Saturday, April 10, 2010

I'm 65 - (How did I get to be this old?)


This is how I thought I'd look when I was 65 (like the two old geezers on the left and right). But actually, I look more like the old geezer in the middle.

It's funny how everyone wants to live long but no one wants to grow old. Old age is viewed as an unavoidable, undesirable, problem-ridden phase of life that we all are compelled to live. Well, guess what - It's not as bad as I thought it would be.

Here are some thoughts about being "Old:"

Eventually you will reach a point when you stop lying about your age and start bragging about it.

Don't let anyone tell you you're getting old. Squash their toes with your rocker.

The older we get, the fewer things seem worth waiting in line for.

Old age is when former classmates are so gray and wrinkled, and blind they don't recognize you.

If you don't learn to laugh at trouble, you won't have anything to laugh at when you are old.

They say your memory is the first to go when you get old.  I can't remember what the second thing is.

1 comment:

  1. I'm not sure how I ran into your page but I ended up staying and reading most of it. Looks like you have a very blessed family and life. God bless and this girl cares what an old geezer have to say. lol You are not old by the way. Thanks much!!!
    Lensa.

    ReplyDelete