Thursday, March 18, 2010

The Memory Book

I have a terrible memory.  I've been known to blank on someone's name when I'm introducing them - and I'm talking about people I've known for 30 years.  I have to stop and think whether I'm trying to say Alan, or Adam.  I get the two confused - and this is not a recent event.  I've had this problem all my life.  I even bought a book once called "The Memory Book,"  but I forgot where I put it.  Well, I just found it while cleaning out my bookcase.  I decided to read it.

I found an interesting chapter on how to remember telephone numbers, or any string of numbers, no matter how long.  Okay.  I'll try this:
1= t     (one downstroke)
2=n     (two downstrokes)
3=m    (three downstrokes)
4=r      (four ends in r)
5=L     (your five fingers extended with the thumb out looks like an L)
6= j      (mirror image of 6...sort of)
7=K    (two 7's form a K...sort of)
8=f      (a cursive f looks like an 8...sort of)
9=p     (mirror immage of  9p...sort of)
0=z     (zero starts with z)

okay so  7412   is Krtn   so think "curtain"
3212  is mntn  so think "mountain"
0141 is ztrt  so think "street"
4952 is rpLn  so think "airplane"

the example of a long number was:  91852719521639092112
ptfLnKtpLntjmpzpnttn  so:  Beautiful naked blonde jumps up and down.

Really? You've got to be kidding.  I gave up and threw the book away.

No comments:

Post a Comment