Sunday, March 7, 2010

Pie Birds & Pie Irons

I love how adding the word "pie" to another word makes you feel all warm and cozy.  I saw a collection of pie birds in a magazine (probably Martha Stewart's) and I thought they were adorable.  They actually have a practical purpose, if you bake berry pies (which I don't).  But I just wanted them to add a cozy feeling to my kitchen.

We recently had a power outage for 12 hours and it got me rethinking my cooking options.  I have a fire pit and a gas BBQ grill outside so that would take care of cooking.  But I only have one cast iron fry pan.  So I was looking for pans to cook on my outdoor grills and low and behold, I found "pie irons."  I had no idea what they were, but I wanted them.  I bought one single one and one double one.  They'd be good for making S'mores and grilled cheese sandwiches.  I figure I could also fry eggs in them.

No comments:

Post a Comment